I confess that I have a sweet tooth, and that I love no bake cookies! I’m sure you’ve had those cravings for something sweet as well. They often strike at the most inopportune time. For example, when there’s nothing clean in the house that we want to eat, and when we don’t want to cheat by eating unhealthy foods. Often when we eat clean it’s not always easy to find a sweet treat that satisfies, tastes great, that’s clean, and one that leaves you feeling guilt-free, and un-bloated without regrets.
So, with my sweet cravings and my love for no bake cookies, I decided to create a clean recipe that satisfied both of my cravings. I know you will enjoy my clean no bake cookies as much as my entire family does.
1 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
2 blocks of unsweetened dark chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup organic crunchy oat granola
Making the cookies:
- in a small saucepan combine peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and chocolate squares
- melt ingredients together over medium heat (You will need to stir to prevent sticking)
- once the ingredients have melted, stir them well
- add dry ingredients one at a time and stirring in each
- you can drop cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or press into a well greased cake pan for bars
- place in the freezer for fifteen minutes and then in the refrigerator for approximately fifteen more minutes
- cookies are ready to eat
- keep refrigerated to prevent melting
- yields one dozen cookies or an 8×8 pan of bars
Eating clean is not a diet, but a way of life. I have enjoyed my journey with clean eating and have enjoyed the benefits as well. The benefits that have made an impact on my life include; lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, weight loss, less inflammation, more energy, and much more. I don’t feel deprived, but I feel empowered!
My entire family enjoys these deliciously clean cookies. Even my grandchildren enjoy them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Feel free to leave comments…I love to hear from my readers!